Miranda House pioneered science education for ladies at the University of Old Delhi once it started its B.Sc. Honors (Botany) course in 1948. Over a span of years, the department has made an outsized variety of eminent scientists, dedicated academics and people WHO excelled in alternative areas.
The department of biology occupies the bottom floor of the recent Science Block. it’s a spacious Lecture Theatre and 2 teaching laboratories equipped with instruments and computers. It additionally maintains a depository, Herbarium, division Library, and an arboretum.
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India has funded serious scientific research entitled ‘Molecular basis of distinctive organic process biology of Podostemads’ at the Department of biology in Miranda House. beneath the aegis of this project, the department has set-up a research laboratory with a tissue culture facility and a complicated photomicroscope.